EEO-1 Reporting Is Now Open
April 13, 2022
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that the 2021 EEO-1 Component 1 data collection is now open. The deadline to file the report is May 17, 2022.
Employers should visit the EEO-1 Component 1 website for the latest filing updates and additional information. Employers can also visit the Filer Support Center to request assistance and find helpful resources, including fact sheets and FAQs.
Who Must File
An employer must file an EEO-1 report if they answer YES to one or more of these questions:
- Does the entire company (at all locations combined) have at least 100 employees?
- Is the company affiliated through common ownership or centralized management with other entities in an enterprise with a total employee count of 100 or more?
- Does the company or any of its establishments have a contract with the federal government worth $50,000 or more and have 50 or more employees?
- Is the company or any of its establishments a federal government contractor that serves as a depository of government funds in any amount or a financial institution that is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Savings Notes in any amount?
- If you answered NO to all of the questions above, you do not need to file an EEO-1 report. If you are unsure about the answer to question 2, you should speak with an attorney.
If you answered NO to all of the questions above, you do not need to file an EEO-1 report. If you are unsure about the answer to question 2, you should speak with an attorney.