Customer Service Representative
We understand that flexibility and work-life balance are essential ingredients of employee satisfaction and a strong culture. We put our clients first, we empower and support our staff as they develop skills and expertise, our environment is comfortable and supportive, and the longevity of our staff shines a glowing light on what an amazing place this is to work.
The Customer Service Representative processes all aspects of payroll for an assigned client base, providing a high level of customer service. This position requires efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines. The CSR may be asked to assist in the reconciliation of payroll accounts as needed. The position also requires maturity in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile payroll data, post wages, and reconcile errors, in order to balance the payroll and maintain payroll records
- Maintain a high rate of client retention through high quality customer service
- Identify and resolve internal discrepancies
- Research client inquiries concerning paychecks or payroll in general
- Support and contribute to a positive work environment that fosters a high level of team performance through own work and behavior
- Continue knowledge of payroll software system and changes in wage and tax laws
- Maintain Client files in a confidential and secure manner
- Research and resolve client/system problems
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with clients, agencies and coworkers to promote quality service image
- Display maturity in securely handling sensitive and confidential client and employee information
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- College degree from an accredited college (preferred)
- Business or accounting experience preferred; equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Prior experience in a customer service environment
- Prior experience processing payroll (preferred)
- Excellent telephone, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, well organized; high degree of accuracy
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of payroll software a plus or ability to learn specific applications
- Knowledge of Wage and Hour Law
- Professional, driven, motivated self-starter
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Professional in appearance and behavior
- Ability to work beyond regular work hours when needed
- Reliable and dependable
Additional information about the company and work environment will be shared with candidates during an interview.
Interested in joining our team, but don't see an open position that matches your skills?
Please send us your resumé and cover letter, we will keep your information on file for future opportunities.