Although there is no legal requirement to offer severance, many companies provide it to employees after their employment is terminated. In general, severance pay is based on length of employment. You may decide to offer a week’s pay for every year of service, or a flat amount based on six weeks’ pay. When provided, it’s given either as a lump sum or paid over a number of weeks.
- We’ve had a few employees receive phishing emails lately. Do you have any advice for how to deal with this?
- Leading During a Pandemic
- For leave requests under the FFCRA, can we require proof that the school or place of care is closed?
- Can I deny FFCRA leave to an employee who has high schoolers attending class remotely who are able to take care of themselves during the day?
- Payroll Tax Deferral Executive Order